As I look at the yearly summary, I found that only four of the most hit upon posts out of the top ten were actually posted in 2011. I am not sure what this means except there are a lot of searches for disco balls, burnt almond torte, furry convention and city rooftops at night.
1. Wordpress sent out a report on my 2011 year in Blogging and my top post of the year was the one I posted for my son’s birthday. He’s a grown up man, married with four children of his own(see Zoo Lights post if you didn’t already) but when he was a little boy he had a wish that remained unfilled until last May. I can tell by his expression how surprised and delighted he was when he opened his gift. Sometimes parents can’t realize how important certain things are to a child and I certainly felt bad when I would hear occasionally how he ALWAYS wanted this Millennium Falcon but didn’t get it, usually when he and his brother were together and they reminisced about growing up.
If you want to read the rest of the story click here
Thanks to Phil, who owns Where The Toys Are Canonsburg PA!
2. The second most viewed post this year is those furries that show up every year for a big furry convention in Pittsburgh. I just happened to stumble upon them when I was going to a gallery in a downtown hotel. This post was first posted in 2010 and yet it gets hits every week.
3. And the disco ball image. Go figure. Almost EVERY day someone hits on this disco ball/mirror ball reflection. I shot it at wedding (the couple now has a darling baby girl) and it looks retro but is not. Here is that image. Should I be concerned that some of my top hits are from different years than 2011? This is from 2009! Why do people search for “disco ball“?
4. And the next most popular every week is New York City Rooftops at Night.
This was posted in 2009 as well.
5. The Pug Guard Dog in a Shadyside store got linked and hit from Tina (Pug owner/lover) at Carrots ‘N’ Cake blog
6. Copy Cat Recipe for BurntAlmond Torte gets weekly hits and adds up to the 6th most hit upon for the year
7. The Bookshelf (most controversial on reddit.com) single most hit upon in one day over 18,000 hits!!!
9. The ninth most hit upon post in 2011 is a tribute to my cousin Lori Lynn Baur Meli. She touched a lot of lives as her name still comes up in searches. She fought a valiant battle with breast cancer. Her husband Fredi just became an American citizen recently.
10. The tenth most hit upon post from this year was
My new project for 2012 is Cardboard Me Travels. Hope you will consider checking it out and subscribing to see where Flat Ruthie travels this year. Read the about page to see how Flat Ruthie can come and visit YOU.
Dear Shiny Buick Man
in York PA,
You’ve lived in my upstairs hall closet
over two years now, in a frame and mat.
I wanted to tell you
I took your picture
one January Sunday
just before I pulled out of the lot.
I lifted my camera off the front seat,
shot you quick, no time to focus.
Your car caught in a lovely light,
a luster pristine-
and you in your tie.
Maybe you were coming from church.
Codorus Creek on your left,
but not the whitewater part.
The Heritage Rail Trail
(no trains that day)–
I want you to know
how I admire your fuzzy dice,
how they dangle still
frozen in that moment
from your rearview mirror.
I think you saw me.
But didn’t know what happened
so I thought I should write and tell you.
I hope you don’t mind.
A letter poem of address
to an unsuspecting man
who was just driving along
minding his own business.