Tom Cruise Movie, ONE SHOT, Lights Up 10th Street Bridge Wednesday Night

The movie is causing a buzz and some traffic around the Burgh.  One Shot is the name of the film after a novel by Lee Child.   On the way to my photo class I saw the lights set up on the bridge and a few giant movie lights on top of some buildings.  Heard on the radio Armstrong Tunnels would be closed.  Remembered my photo for the weekly challenge of fall, with the 10th St Bridge in the autumn light and thought I would go my usual school route.  Here is the series of bridge shots taken on the way home from class Wednesday night. A circuitous route but worth the detour in my opinion.

I could hear and see a car race and screech across the bridge as I photographed.  Next time I will bring a spotter to keep watch as I pulled the car over but it is dark and a bit creepy up on the top of Arlington Avenue, my route home from school. I have shot from this angle before and here is the link to the daytime photo.

Photo four has a bright movie light on the right of the photo.

1. sooo perfect night photographer you are!

November 3, 2011 at 2:20 am

• aww thanks for looking and taking time to write a nice comment today. I enjoy night photography challenges. Used a 70-200 lens but no tripod. Oooops! Thanks again. So glad we have met via our blogs.

November 3, 2011 at 11:12 pm

2. K

Outstanding!!!!

November 3, 2011 at 3:36 am

• Thank you.
      Glad you like them.

November 3, 2011 at 11:13 pm

3. WOW! I should have followed you after class. We were learning about Henri Cartier-Bresson, the famous photojournalists, and all I need to do is study your photos. They say he elevated “snap shooting” to the level of a refined and disciplined art. His sharp-shooter’s ability to catch “the decisive moment,” his precise eye for design, his self-effacing methods of work, and his literate comments about the theory and practice of photography made him a legendary figure among contemporary photojournalists. Love your daily post!

November 3, 2011 at 5:51 am

• Meeting you in our class has been a highlight for me. I didn’t have a plan to go and shoot the bridge lit up, but then it called to me. I am so glad I went.
      Thanks for your generous comments Francine. I enjoyed your animal book.

November 3, 2011 at 11:14 pm

4. sounds fun

November 3, 2011 at 7:01 am

5. Shuey

Have the book . . . and all the rest of Lee Childs’ works. Great pics and I look forward to seeing the movie and watching for the “bridge” scene!

Shuey

November 3, 2011 at 8:28 am

6. Well done! Your second photo, the one of the side view of the bridge and its reflection, is really quite beautiful.

November 3, 2011 at 8:31 am

• The one you mention is my favorite. Today the lights were all removed from the bridge. The magic has vanished,

November 3, 2011 at 11:24 pm

7. Vincie

Fabulous photos! The Tenth Street Bridge never looked so good. The next time I cross it, I will think of these pictures.

November 3, 2011 at 8:35 am

• It as fun to take them with you on the other end of the phone!

November 3, 2011 at 11:24 pm

8. Jill

I should have guessed you were running off to shoot the bridge last night. :) The photos are GREAT! Thanks for showing me things that I would have otherwise missed. And thanks for the creative energy you bring to our class.

November 3, 2011 at 9:54 am

• I was running off home but then the bridge called to me and I veered off my path. Thanks for your nice comments Jill.

November 3, 2011 at 11:15 pm

9. Very cool. We just had a movie being filmed here (yes, that’s true) and it caused such a hubbub.

November 3, 2011 at 11:54 am

• Hubbub is a terrific word!

November 3, 2011 at 11:15 pm

10. thirdhandart

Gorgeous photos! The bridge looks so lovely all lit up, and the reflection in the water is magical.

November 3, 2011 at 1:02 pm

• Thanks for stopping by and writing such a nice comment. I think the reflection in the water is my favorite, too.

November 3, 2011 at 11:16 pm

11. Wow, they really lit up the night! I wonder how it then translates onto the big screen…

November 3, 2011 at 1:55 pm

• I plan to go see the movie and check it out, see how Pittsburgh looks…it is supposed to take place in Indiana in the film, though.

November 3, 2011 at 11:00 pm

12. What great photos! I need instructions for night photography!

November 3, 2011 at 3:06 pm

13. Excellent pics Ruth. I picked up your Blog from Otto’s blog and I’m glad I did. I have always loved night time photography and well remember in the film days of waiting for the colour prints/Trannies to come back from the lab to see how I faired with the experiments.

I loved all your pics and the reflections. Thanks for sharing.

Mark

November 3, 2011 at 8:48 pm

• So glad you found me and stopped by. Thanks for taking time to write such a nice comment, too. Nice to “meet” you.

November 3, 2011 at 11:17 pm

14. That’s some lighting set up they’ve got there.

November 4, 2011 at 6:52 am

15. Wow – this is impressive! Amazing what they do for the movies!

November 9, 2011 at 12:25 am

• You can see how the costs add up when you see it first hand!

November 9, 2011 at 12:26 am

16. Keep up with that photography class .. I can’t even imagine how great your hots will be after your done.
    Outstanding …
    Isadora

November 23, 2011 at 9:10 am

17. MMMM … that would be SHOTS not hots …. sorry … ~~~ : – O

November 23, 2011 at 9:11 am

18. I’m still sooo impressed by your night series!

November 30, 2011 at 6:28 am

• ThAnks for your nice comments. I enjoy the challenge of night photography and this without cable remote or tripod was a challenge.

Sent from my iPhone

November 30, 2011 at 6:31 am

19. Pingback: Monongahela River Like a Mirror « Ruth E Hendricks Photography

20. Beautiful night photos!

December 23, 2011 at 5:04 pm

21. Pingback: The Top Ten Hit Upon in 2011 « Ruth E Hendricks Photography

22. Pingback: Got Bridges? « Ruth E Hendricks Photography

23. Just great! Of course you were there!!

January 29, 2013 at 5:26 pm