Fiber Artist’s Palette- Like an Indoor Garden

Spools and spools of thread. Silk. Cotton.  Metallic.  All colors. Some shimmer. Rich colors.  Waiting to be selected, a length cut and the needle threaded. The embroidery comes alive under the artist’s fingers stitching.  I had asked Joan B if I could photograph her thread as I have another photo from before but today the light was so nice.  She made coffee in a French Press and homemade sticky buns, a Fiesta bowl full of  fresh fruit cut up and mixed with yogurt and honey.  An indoor garden of color! And the little cushioned chair holds the needles and pins.

Colors Create a Feeling

And these invite me
to think Spring.
Sunday night Thunderstorm-
March lions roar a day early.

Wanted some bright color for today's post. Knew where to find it! Joan's studio.

1. Laura

When we move, I want to organize my bookshelf by color

February 28, 2011 at 7:27 am

2. connie

The greens remind me of the fresh shades of spring. In the front yard I have 1 daffodil open inviting the rest to start.

February 28, 2011 at 10:01 am

Ugly day here and lots of storms last night and early this morning. Needed your colorful display of threads for a lot of reasons today. Thanks, Ruth!

February 28, 2011 at 10:51 am

4. erica

Beautiful! Going to forward to the friends I sent the buttons photos to !!!

February 28, 2011 at 4:39 pm

5. Beautiful picture, the colours and textures are like flowers in the garden…you describe it perfectly, I just filled up a new thread rack and its a thing of beauty.

March 1, 2011 at 12:27 am

6. Cj

cool and colorful shot! Wish I had some idea of how to sew…

March 12, 2011 at 10:22 am