Paynes Prairie Preserve Gators on Christmas Day

Paynes Prairie Preserve in Micanopy Florida.  Photographed by my friend Kristin F.as she took a walk on Christmas Day.

(Just five feet away from these guys!  Yikes)

Such a contrast to the frozen white world of Pennsylvania and Ohio.  She says Jan 1st temp is 73 degrees!  And I am trying to not fall in my driveway as I unload the suitcase and bags from my Winter Holiday in Ohio, prepare to return to school in the early AM.   Thanks Kristin.

photo-7

1. Isn’t it amazing that our country is large enough to have vast sections covered in snow, with frigid temperatures, as well as areas warm enough where “the crocs and the alligator play,” all at the same time?

January 1, 2013 at 11:46 pm

Gators are saying, “Have a good first day back Ruth E.”

January 2, 2013 at 7:05 am

3. Northern Narratives

Since I know they are so far away from me, they kind of look cute :)

January 2, 2013 at 3:07 pm

4. connie

We, too, enjoyed a dusting of snow last Sat. as we were visiting the KY and OH Wolfes. I was very mindful of the sidewalks as we walked to the corner pubs to enjoy the local fare. In the meantime, I’m on the drive south through AL saying to Shuey- ” Yes, I am an official Floridian and can’t wait to heat up and see some FL yards on Thursday! “

January 2, 2013 at 6:08 pm

5. Fabulous gator photo!

January 2, 2013 at 6:48 pm

6. Ooohhh. I’d enjoy the walking along the beach part, but having those gators SO nearby is too close for comfort for me!

January 4, 2013 at 11:47 am

7. Pingback: Santorini, Arles and Geneva Windows Via Omaha Nebraska | Ruth E Hendricks Photography