..of a Different Color

Today I went for a spontaneous “meeting” with Cj at Buffalo Blues in Shadyside.  And I found the long lost relative of yesterday’s horse I posted. Today’s horse bright and well cared for, but no freedom as he is corralled in his wooden frame which is probably to deter theft.  So I don’t see a single old rocking horse for years and then two in two days??? If one were to believe in signs… Looked up horse sayings seeking the origin of this Different Color phrase and we all know about the gift horse.  A quote about switching horses in the middle of the race and the kids at school like to horse around. Horseplay is actually one of the boxes you can check on the discipline referral.  We know about leading horses to water and on occasion I have eaten like one.  If you missed the old gray mare she was posted March 31st. This spot outside the Oh Yeah! Ice Cream & Coffee 232 South Highland Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15206 (412) 200-5574 ‎ Open 7AM-11PM

Whoa
I can’t believe my eyes.
Friday and it’s April Fool.
How many kids will tell me
there’s a spider on my shirt?
Is the predicted inch of snow
for the morning just a
cruel joke?

I like to change up the blog post themes from day to day but two rocking horses in two days? There was no other possible post.

1. mary ann

You crack me up!

April 1, 2011 at 7:10 am

2. Laura

the yellow really pops

April 1, 2011 at 7:31 am

3. erica

This yellow dude makes me want the pale horse from yesterday to get up and get a pale rider! :-)
    I believe the HORSE is one of the animals in the chinese 12 year cycle. Just looked on this year’s stampsheet and he’ll be galloping in in 2014, after dragon and snake!

April 1, 2011 at 7:51 am

4. Beth Piraino

These two contrasts show how one person saw the interest and beauty in something old and someone else did not.

April 1, 2011 at 9:15 am

giddiyup!

April 1, 2011 at 10:15 am

You know how things come in threes??? Look for that third horse!

April 1, 2011 at 11:09 am

7. hootie

You should take photos of 100 dollar bills. Maybe they will keep poppin up,too.

April 1, 2011 at 11:55 am