City Rooftop Horsey

I’m sure there’s a great story behind the placement of this molded plastic creature, dangling from a wire frame atop a building!

You might remember, depending on how long you have been following the blog, that my friend Sally said that things come in threes.

And the day before that there was the horse of a different color. The post the day before that one was The Old Gray Mare (or stallion).

There was the steed left by a cowboy in an Arlington neighborhood alley, just like the one Chicago John rode as a kid.

And here is the latest one I caught yesterday as I sat in traffic in East Liberty and happened to see it up on the roof.

“Found” rocking horses or rocking horse heads in the city are a theme without my even realizing.  Maybe someone is going around the city and placing them for me to find!

horsey rooftop full sie

horsey rooftop

Here are the aforementioned horse sightings in the city cause let’s face it- who has time to return to old blogposts?

old-gray-mare

rocking-horse-of-a-different-color

img_0980

horses-head

1. What’s this? Could it be? Is Pittsburgh the site of the long-fabled rocking horse burial ground? You may be onto something here, Ruth.

December 13, 2012 at 1:25 am

Kinda sad to see all those disregarded rocking horses.

December 13, 2012 at 7:06 am

3. Kristin

Interesting group of photos. I agree, a little sad.

December 13, 2012 at 7:37 am

4. I have a friend who is into animal totems, so when you said horses have been following you around, I peeked to see what that might mean…

December 13, 2012 at 9:48 am

• Dear Stef, What a gift. Love your research and have printed it out. I do run into a lot of horses but most are the molded plastic kind so they are really stuck- no mane blowing in the wind! I like your animal totem link and am grateful to you for taking time to send it. I sure do run into a LOT of these horses.

December 13, 2012 at 3:45 pm

• Ruth, you are most welcome. It looks like horses are your calling! At least for now. :)

December 13, 2012 at 8:42 pm

5. How crazy! I love them, though!

December 13, 2012 at 11:23 am

6. connie

^-^ a cheerful collection!

December 13, 2012 at 11:45 am

7. This is so delightful, Ruth. am finally beginning to make the rounds again after many months of house repairs that are almost done.

but enough about me. trust you have been keeping well. really enjoyed this horse collection :)

December 15, 2012 at 2:45 am