Weekly Photo Challenge: My 2012 in Pictures

The suggestion of the WordPress Photo Challenge is to select 12 pictures to sum up the year.  As I looked through the folders from this year’s collection and started to pull a few here and there, I remembered what an Art Professor’s comment when he went through my portfolio.  “Hmmmm.  Peopled or unpeopled?”  I was really mixing it up.  You know how I love to find the unexpected- reflection, expression or scene.

Photograph what I am eating or where I am at the moment. When I look at this collection I am grateful for a patient and loving family who allows me to capture them in pictures.  Like Matthew said at his college graduation, ” This is what my mom does. It’s annoying now, but later you’re glad.”

But my 2012 Pictures are Peopled! I read how some bloggers went to see which images received the most hits and then they would pick from those but some of my biggest hits aren’t from 2012.  So this posting is to honor my grown up children’s Pop, who passed last month.  As Matthew said to him, “look at all your descendants” when he showed him the photo of them gathered on the stairs.

You’ve seen some of these before if you follow the blog.  Thanks for looking and clicking the “like” button or writing a comment this year.

Looking forward to 2013.   Happy New Year!

532829_3581776935703_271266138_n

Mark and Erika celebrated their ten year anniversary last August.

steve and the dachshundsIMG_2904IMG_2932 IMG_8983 IMG_9179IMG_9622WEdding Couple Arch

family (3)matthew with family

1. They are really beautiful photos! It is an interesting topic and also a heart warming one :-)

December 29, 2012 at 1:24 am

2. Dear Ruth,
    I’m so sorry for your loss. It must be a comfort to have your beautiful family all around you. Wishing you all the best for the New Year.

December 29, 2012 at 2:46 am

3. BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS! Great memories.

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

December 29, 2012 at 6:31 am

4. Toni

Gorgeous family! Precious and beautiful memories! Here’s to many more in the New Year!!

December 29, 2012 at 6:49 am

5. Kristin

I love all the photos!

December 29, 2012 at 7:10 am

6. Losses and blessings… that is life in a nutshell. Beautiful photos. I can see there is a much love in your life.

December 29, 2012 at 7:37 am

7. Gail

Ruthie you are truly your Mother and Father’s daughter. You have brought such love and joy into so very many lives. I will be forever thankful that you are such an important part of my life. Happy New Year

December 29, 2012 at 8:09 am

8. Erin Beverly

These pictures are awesome! Love the arrangement, and, of course, all the subjects!! Very nice.

December 29, 2012 at 8:36 am

Your family pictures always show love and beauty. You are so lucky. Happy New Year to you and all the beautiful people in the pictures!

December 29, 2012 at 9:00 am

10. I’ve said it before, Ruth. Your photography soars when your lens is pointed in your family’s direction. You need look no further than this collection for proof. Very nice done.

December 29, 2012 at 9:57 am

11. Some gorgeous pics here Ruth. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with the family and may I take this opportunity to wish you and them a healthy and prosperous 2013. From both me and Ondrea.

December 29, 2012 at 6:40 pm

12. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: My 2012 in Pictures | Simply Charming

13. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: My 2012 in Pictures | Mike Hardisty Photography

14. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: My 2012 in Pictures | from the Bartolini kitchens

15. What a year you and your family have had. Here’s to a blessed 2013!

December 30, 2012 at 8:22 pm

16. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: My 2012 in Pictures | Promenade Plantings

17. A beautiful family orientated way to celebrate a year. Just lovely ruth, thank you!

January 1, 2013 at 4:59 am

18. Beautiful, beautiful shots Ruth! Wishing you and your lovely family much happiness in the year ahead :-)

January 3, 2013 at 2:46 am

• Peace, health and happiness to you and yours in 2013. Good to hear from you.

Ruth E Hendricks

January 3, 2013 at 6:06 am

19. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: my 2012 in pictures « What's (in) the picture?