What’s Going On Across the River in Millvale, PA?

Didn’t have to dig too deep for this series of shots.
A  town about ten minutes away.
As with collections, decorators say to group
like items together.
Of course, as I look at the finished post I am
thinking of a return trip to capture the dinette store,
the modernize your home sign,
and the storefront  with items for pet birds.

Seven images of Millvale, PA from the files.  Millvale is happening! I love the Beatles painted on the mural by Attic Records and the laundromat.

Millvale,PA home to my wonderful framer Mark Panza at Panza Gallery and the delicious French bakery of Jean-Marc Chatellier.  The beautiful St. Nicholas Croatian Church with the Maxo Vanko Murals and Holy Spirit Parish up on a high hill where Marlene’s Aunt Kitty and Uncle Shrimp married years ago.(J & J more recently, too)

Steve and I go to Grant Bar  on Grant Avenue for a fish sandwich and sometimes I order tapioca for dessert. You can order a full dinner special for 9.95!   Millvale has had a few floods.  Check out the high water mark.

Attic Records Round out your 45’s collection at Attic Records

Two previous blog posts you might remember- If you want to see Panza Gallery and the great linoleum floor, click here

And to see the post of Jean-Marc at work frosting a cake click here.

I think I should be on the Chamber of Commerce for downtown Millvale.

There are delicious pancakes at Pamela’s diner next door to the Lanes.  The Time to Eat clock is theirs. The hobby shop is where I bought some H&O miniatures illustrating laundry day.

1. You should be on their PR committee! I’d stop in the bakery first.

May 11, 2011 at 12:44 am

2. Beth Piraino

I love the funky old fashioned feel of Millvale but the floods….oh, how those living there have suffered….

May 11, 2011 at 6:58 am

3. erica

I’m going to go to Millvale and wander around! The tapioca pudding sounds inviting. Is the Millvale Pamela’s the same Pamela as Shadyside and Squirrel Hill…who got invited to the White House?

May 11, 2011 at 7:03 am

• Ed Wirko

Yes, it is the same owner and Millvale is the place where the presidents wife got the pancakes. They are balso known for their fried potatoes GREAT!

March 28, 2012 at 9:38 pm

4. Looks like a movie set

May 11, 2011 at 7:26 am

I love the bowling mural. We go past Millvale often. Next time we’ll have to drive through.

May 11, 2011 at 8:05 am

Ruth, I want to come and visit you so we can visit all these places in the wonderful pictures you take!!

May 11, 2011 at 10:39 am

7. Ed Wirkowski

Millvale is a great little town with huge ideas and big plans for the future. It’s also a town with common people who always come together to help and assist one another.

June 7, 2011 at 2:30 pm

8. THE DOUBLEL L BAR IS A GREAT SMALL TAVERN TO HAVE A DRINK!! 307 GRANT AVENUE ACROSS FROM THE SUNOCO GAS STATON!! WE LOVE THE DOUBLE L!! WE LOVE MILLVALE:) STOP IN FOR A COLD ONE ON YOUR WALK THROUGH!!

March 27, 2012 at 9:43 pm

• Bryce

The Double L has an old fashioned feel and is clean and well kept (a clean restroom in this tavern is always found). This bar has charity events yearly to benefit those in need…Great small town hospitality. Service is always with a smile… drinks reasonable, food good.

August 20, 2012 at 1:53 pm

9. Bryce

Hey, don’t go by Millvale without visiting some of the other staples in the town for good food and drinks… Yetter’s Homemade Candy, Frank’s Pizza and Hoagies, Sidelines famous Wings, Grant Bar Shrimp, French Bakery Macarons… all worth taking home for later. Enjoy a concert at Mr. Smalls Theater for a night out.

August 20, 2012 at 1:58 pm