Standing Right in Front of Me

Last night we heard this song in the Rain show and today I was humming it and a few other Beatles tunes, all mixed up.  A couple of friends are going to see Rain this week and then Sally wrote that she saw the Beatles THREE times as a teenager in the ’60s. Just ran through my thoughts throughout the day.  Steve was starting to walk down the hill in the snow to catch a bus.  I drove him to work in the all wheel drive and as we turned onto Friendship Avenue I saw this statue of Mary in front of the convent in Bloomfield. Shrouded in snow.  Since school had just been closed for the day, I got out and photographed the figure in the snow thinking of the words to this song- since she was standing right in front of me…….

from Let it Be by John Lennon and Paul McCartney

When I find myself in times of trouble
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
And in my hour of darkness
She is standing right in front of me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
Let it be, let it be.
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.

Friendship Avenue in Bloomfield near West Penn Hospital

Lucille said a touch of red improves the shot. Find the tiny roses.

1. I’m glad you drove Steve to work – beautiful photo, lovely way to start my day. Thanks Ruthie

January 13, 2011 at 6:55 am

2. laura

very nice

January 13, 2011 at 7:14 am

That is an excellent picture. Cold, stark winter with a warm face.

January 13, 2011 at 9:17 am

4. Joanne

I love this picture. I have a small, smooth, caramel colored rock that has “Let it be” engraved in it. It sits on my dresser where I can read the message every day. Well, alright, I also have a bumper sticker on my car that says “You may think I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one”. Only bumper sticker I’ve ever had.

January 13, 2011 at 9:23 am

5. Colleen Carty

Ruth, that is one of the best yet for me. I absolutely love it. Keep them coming. Colleen

January 13, 2011 at 10:40 am

6. Toni

There will be an answer, let it be.

Guess I’ll be singing this all day again – or switch to Hey Jude – or Long and Winding Road – or ……………….!

January 13, 2011 at 11:37 am

7. erica

I’ll sing this until bedtime! And I hope I remember to pick it up again tomorrow. It sort of the Serenity Prayer in 3 words! Love the photo, too!!!!1

January 13, 2011 at 4:26 pm

8. Cj

Thanks Ruth.

January 13, 2011 at 6:41 pm

9. Pingback: Garden of Marys « Ruth E Hendricks Photography

10. Pingback: Urban Madonna, North Side- Middle and Suismon Streets | Ruth E Hendricks Photography

11. You know me- I DETEST snow and cold, but this shot is just gorgeous. :)

October 9, 2013 at 3:38 am