Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise

Seven surprises!

The weekly photo challenge: surprise.

I’m thinking about Stef’s Three Daily Delights blog and how she faithfully lists three delights from her day.  Thanks Stef for the inspiration.

Here are 7 surprises captured by the handy iPhone, save #2,shot with Canon 5D.

1. Jack found the fresh snow when he opened the front door Saturday morning.  That’s my unpacked suitcase by the front door.  Surprise!

jack finds the snow

2. My wonderful DIL Erika sent a hot cup of coffee out with Anna as I was watching the kids play in the snow in the backyard.   (this is the only shot with the regular camera) Yes, that’s a Roadside America souvenir travel cup. Surprise!

coffee in the snow

3. Penny the Golden Doodle actually watches TV(Christmas Vacation) at Laura and James’ house.  Matthew and I arrived Friday night and ate delicious bowls of chili and cornbread, after a 6 hour drive in the snow and traffic (usually a 3 1/2 hour trip).

Surprise!

Penny watches TV

4. My SIL James’ parents sent the wonderful gift of perfect, juicy pears.  I sliced one and it disappeared in seconds. Thanks Chuck and Sharon.

Surprise.

the gift of pears

5. Thursday afternoon I was stuck in traffic in the rain and saw this pink building and two pink vehicles for Bread and Pastries. This is the true color, not enhanced!    Surprise.

Bread and Pastries Truck

6. Anna(9) baked a cake all by herself then took a sandwich bag, turned it inside out and filled it with buttercream and then snipped the tip of the corner off and proceeded to decorate the chocolate cake.

anna makes a cake

7.   Kerry, the student teacher(Art Department) did some serious baking and made special message cookies for the last day of school before Winter Break.  Surprise!

carrick Cookie

1. these are all fantastic images for ‘surprise’ = i’m not sure which is my favorite.. i love that opened-door glimpse of the snow, and i love your highly-creative cake baker! the dog watching television was funny, as were the two pink buses!

great post!
    z

December 22, 2012 at 11:39 pm

Surprise is a perfect challenge word – Your pictures and surprises are wonderful. I got 2 surprises and my birthday’s not until tomorrow – wait today I’m on central time right now.

December 23, 2012 at 12:59 am

3. Wonderful series of shots, Ruth! Jack at the door, especially taken from that vantage point, is my fave. Too often I’ll look out, see the snow, and immediately think of all of the hassles that come with it. Nice to be reminded of the wonder of it all. :)

December 23, 2012 at 1:29 am

4. I am impressed by all the talented people you shared with us.! :-)
    ¸.•*¨*•.♪♫♫♪Happy Holidays to You & Yours!.♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ♥
    ˜”*°•.˜”*°•.˜”*°•.★★.•°*”˜.•°*”˜.•°*”˜” ♥ ˜”*°•.˜”*°•.˜”*°•.★★.•°*”˜.•°*”˜.•°*”˜”
    Eliz

December 23, 2012 at 4:31 am

5. great images…love the open door especially
    .•*¨*•.♪♫♫♪Wishing you a safe and very Happy Holidays.♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸

December 23, 2012 at 1:56 pm

6. Anna’s cake looks delicious. Nice shots. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

December 23, 2012 at 6:39 pm

7. Ruth, thank you for the mention! I’m honored that I was able to provide a bit of inspiration to you – I think you’re a very inspired (and inspiring) woman yourself. I enjoyed seeing all of your surpises; so many great delights in your day(s)!

December 24, 2012 at 8:13 pm