Weekly Photo Challenge: Indulge

Dictionary Reference Indulge-to yield to an inclination or desire; allow oneself to follow one’s will

Isn’t that where we get into trouble?

I thought of fancy chocolates or an ice cream sundae mentioned in so many definitions for indulge. What photo to post?  But after school, Friday Mr. K called a Mental Health and Wellness Meeting at the Double-Wide Grill on the South Side. Of course, this post could be for the Weekly Photo Challenge: Regret. What you feel after you eat too many of them.  Fortunately, they were shared.

Fellow bloggers varied responses to the weekly photo challenge: indulge are linked here.

Onion Rings and a Draft Beer

1. Oh, now I would indulge myself on that as well. Great shot Ruth! :)

February 25, 2012 at 12:58 am

2. Wow – that looks lovely. I just had a triple chocolate icecream but no evidence to display :-)

February 25, 2012 at 1:09 am

3. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Indulge « The Urge To Wander

4. Pingback: 25 FEBRUARY 2012 : WEEKLY PHOTO CHALLENGE : INDULGE. « 2012 – ON THE BENCH

5. Onion rings and beer never looked soooo good! I love your photograph! With this much calorie intake, this is not only an indulgence,, it’s a crime! LOL!!!!

Have a great weekend!

@))–>>—–

February 25, 2012 at 2:56 am

6. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge – Indulge | melonpopzdropz …

7. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Indulge (oil painting) « Cardinal Guzman

8. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Indulge « Joakim Knudsen

9. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Indulge « Flickr Comments by FrizzText

10. ChgoJohn

I can definitely agree that this photo could easily signify indulgence. I’m a sucker for a good onion ring, and beer is my beverage of choice with rings, jalapeño poppers, and wings. But, it’s Lent! I mustn’t think of such things, nor “of fancy chocolates or an ice cream sundae.” Perhaps “torture” will be next week’s challenge?

February 25, 2012 at 5:04 am

• Indulge isn’t the best theme for Lent, now is it? You are so right! Denial would be more appropriate.

February 25, 2012 at 8:30 am

11. Kristin

YUMMY!

February 25, 2012 at 6:23 am

12. this meal is full of antioxidants

February 25, 2012 at 8:10 am

13. I love onion rings. You photographed this like it was sitting right in front of us, just for us.

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

February 25, 2012 at 8:11 am

14. Pingback: Weekly photo challenge – Indulge « allaboutwordswa

15. Yumm, now I am hungry.

February 25, 2012 at 10:09 am

16. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Indulge « Mike Hardisty Photography

17. Nice combination of choice!

February 25, 2012 at 10:23 am

18. Nice photo, fatty food :D

February 25, 2012 at 10:43 am

19. A savory indulgence to offset the indulgence of sweets…great choice!

February 25, 2012 at 10:44 am

20. Lois I. Greenberg

I was dreaming rootbeer float with coffee ice cream but on the other hand, as Tevye would say, your photo topped that…Ummmm!
    Lois

February 25, 2012 at 11:57 am

21. Erica Wells

Great shot so VIVID!!! (like you!) xoxoxo E

February 25, 2012 at 12:18 pm

22. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Indulge | Living Life in Glorious Colour

23. I would indulge and then regret for sure…. ONion rings are waaaay better than fries.

February 25, 2012 at 12:49 pm

24. thanks for the dictionary definition!
    I’ve set a link to your post
    greetings by

February 25, 2012 at 1:31 pm

25. looks perfect to me

February 25, 2012 at 2:12 pm

26. Like this shot a lot! Great color and detail. And, thanks for dropping by to see my revamped blog. I believe we’re using the same theme, now. It really does show off the photos!

~Anne

February 25, 2012 at 2:25 pm

• The themes look the same to me but mine is listed as modularity lite? I think the black background makes the colors pop, as they say but when I first switched my readers didn’t like the white text on black. Guess they are used to it now.

February 25, 2012 at 3:17 pm

27. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Indulge « The Incredible Lightness of Seeing

28. Indulge.. yes.. regret.. never;) I did this in Napa at a roadside diner.. a “huge” stomach ache after but I still laugh when I remember it!

February 25, 2012 at 5:04 pm

29. I can taste it now!

February 25, 2012 at 10:53 pm

30. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Indulge « Reflections in a Puddle

31. Nice choice Ruth! Love to indulge on both :)

February 25, 2012 at 11:30 pm

32. Pingback: Indulge in Gratefulness « Simply Charming

33. Onion rings… my favorites..!!

February 26, 2012 at 2:44 pm

34. Fantastic colors in this photo. Makes me hungry

February 26, 2012 at 3:04 pm

35. I like to indulge occasionally in onion rings! For some reason, I just thought of Primanti Brothers sandwich. Living in Pgh, I knew people who loved indulging in one of those!

February 26, 2012 at 5:33 pm

36. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Indulge « Hurtled to 60 and Now Beyond…

37. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Indulge « Changeversations

38. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Indulge | Stories of My Wandering Feet (& Mind)

39. Heheh … so true that a lot of the indulgent food shots could be used for the ‘regret’ photo challenge. Gotta love a salty, deep-fried snack with a beer chaser :)

February 28, 2012 at 12:21 am

40. Pingback: Sweet & Shiny: Weekly Photo Challenge (Indulge) « aNTibaKTeRiYeL

41. The ultimate treat!

February 28, 2012 at 9:13 pm

42. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Indulge « Alexandra Román's Mink

43. Great shot Ruthey… :-)

March 1, 2012 at 1:38 am

• Hi Ruthey,
      I like your posts and send you pingbacks and would appreciate same… :-)
      Cheers!

March 3, 2012 at 8:02 am

44. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Indulge… | Mirth and Motivation

45. Mmmm, onion rings. I haven’t had those in the *longest* time…Perhaps I’m due.

March 8, 2012 at 9:23 am