Little Italy Days Bloomfield Neighborhood, Pittsburgh PA

Saturday afternoon I went to Little Italy Days in Bloomfield with my friend V and this evening I went over with Steve.

The street was blocked off and it was quite festive.  Can’t put up the aromas of the various food items.

Maria Merante with a tray of Lemon Knots

Steel City Shaved Ice Truck

Little Italy Days (11)

Simon and Garfunkel Cover

Little Italy days (3)

Little Italy Days (14)

DJ's Butcher Block
Grass Fed Beef and Free Range Chicken without Antibiotics Right on Liberty Avenue at DJ’s Butcher Block.

1. Charming and colorful.

August 24, 2013 at 11:54 pm

2. Looks like a good time to me, Ruth. We have an Italian Days going on this weekend, too but I don’t think I’ll be able to get to get there. I’ve got cannoli in the fridge and will just have to make do. :)

August 25, 2013 at 1:45 am

3. thank you, Ruth, you made me smile with “Maria Merante with a tray of Lemon Knots at Merante’s on Liberty Avenue”
    P.S.: actually I try to upload some new Berlin impressions at http://www.flickr.com/photos/frizztext/

August 25, 2013 at 4:56 am

I love ethnic and neighborhood fairs. I think they’re so important.

August 25, 2013 at 7:14 am

5. Gail

Who would eat a snow cone when you could have a cannoli?

August 25, 2013 at 7:39 am

6. So good…I wanted to be there! And as for the lemon twisty things. My weakness is lemon tasting food

August 25, 2013 at 10:34 am

7. sasa

I miss Simon shoes on the S&G Cover…going to check, are they on the original cover?

August 25, 2013 at 11:38 am

8. It looks like quite the celebration! I love the evening/night shots – the people seem to “pop” from the background/surroundings. Very cool.

August 25, 2013 at 12:11 pm

9. Now I want to go eat ricotta out of the tub.

August 25, 2013 at 12:34 pm

10. Love this shot!

August 25, 2013 at 12:38 pm

So many people LOVE to attend these outdoor Fairs, especially on a pretty Fall day and evening. Here in Indiana and I live close to Louisville, there are about 4 or 5 outdoor Fall fests that everybody loves! I try to go to all of them but sometimes because of inclement weather, I won’t attempt to get caught in pop-up rain showers or high winds. One of the things I enjoy most is watching the people! They never cease to amaze me! Ruth, you got some wonderful pictures of people at this Italian Fest!

August 25, 2013 at 12:40 pm

12. I’ll have a snow cone please :)

August 25, 2013 at 10:20 pm

13. Donna D'Abruzzo

My friend and her aunt and I went Friday evening. There was much more on Sat. It really is a homey place to visit. You took some very good pictures. On the first picture of Maria, she is a friend of my friend’s aunt. They go on trips which Maria has. How about those cookies? They were huge.

August 26, 2013 at 12:07 pm