Shoot Where You Are

Culled from the day’s catch- didn’t photograph any food making today but here is what I photographed on Saturday.

School’s out for the summer  so I’m not in my home territory.  Most days I shoot photographs as I drive around the city. But I am seeing different scenery these days.  We went to a T-ball game on Saturday morning.

Four Annie’s Cheddar Bunnies fell out of the van onto the pavement and their bright orange caught my eye but I thought, nah, four bitty snack crackers are not worth a photograph since we have to get to the game and haul  the fold-up chairs and the bag of snacks for the team.  I mean another day I could do a Snack Cracker still life but we were in a rush.

Imagine my surprise when we returned to the van. The neon orange obliterated.  Ants working hard to live.

and a close up detail

and then as we pulled out of the school parking lot by the baseball fields, there was a church parking lot and a scene I wanted to photograph. This is when you are probably annoying to your daughter-in-law but she doesn’t mind and pulls over by the dumpster and I got out and took about 4 quick shots on the gray day.

and the detail. My DIL asked if I wanted to come back and pick it up to take back home since it wasn’t broken!

A quick trip to the zoo and the reptile house.  The kids got a chance to touch the Rosy Boa. I photographed the Pythons devouring rabbits but it is too graphic.

The Columbus Zoo has a lovely 1914 Carousel, restored.  The youngest 3 grandkids took a ride.

and youngest granddaughter Maura in a quiet moment

1. Looks like you are having fun in a new area with new sights to photograph. If you would like to be a part of the 7 Super Shots (no obligation) check here. http://wp.me/p23TG1-11f

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

July 16, 2012 at 12:21 am

2. Cj

Ruthie miss you, but am loving the pics. Enjoy the rest of your summer :)

July 16, 2012 at 1:52 am

Wow, that was quite a summer afternoon. Glad you didn’t include the Boa eating the rabbit.

July 16, 2012 at 6:46 am

4. Vincie

I love, love, love the close up of Maura. What a beautiful child!

July 16, 2012 at 7:44 am

5. Just look at those eyes! Boys won’t stand a chance.

July 16, 2012 at 8:03 am

6. That recliner looks gross

July 16, 2012 at 8:05 am

7. Toni

I agree with Laura – that recliner is hideous. Lots of creepy pictures — and that that lovely one of Maura! A pleasant surprise!! She is gorgeous!

July 16, 2012 at 9:53 am

I absolutely love the picture of Maura! She could be a model right now with her beautiful hair and eyes. Yes, ants can take over any food within a matter of minutes. Ruth, I’ve said it before but I really love your photography because it always holds so much life, no matter what the subject!

July 16, 2012 at 10:48 am

9. Jen Salvatore

I Love the world through your eyes…

July 17, 2012 at 11:11 pm

10. Beautiful shots Ruth. Maura is gorgeous :-)

July 20, 2012 at 6:42 am

11. Kind of a grim day for your photos… except for that last beauty. :) Thanks for sparing us the image of rabbits being devoured – seriously.

July 21, 2012 at 6:55 pm

12. Pingback: An Egg, a Baseball and a Boy « Ruth E Hendricks Photography

13. Ken Klucsor

Yes, that’s a terrific photo of Maura. And I really like the photo of the 1914 carousel. It’s almost 100 years old, and they have done an incredible job of restoration. It looks brand new.

July 29, 2012 at 11:42 am