On our way to walk along the River. A family of Canada Geese.
I got to be the passenger Wednesday night.
So many lights to capture in the night.
The bright light top left is on the new TRYP Hotel, (perhaps from their rooftop restaurant I read about? )
Becky B inspired the #JanuaryLight challenge
There’s a stop light at the end of the bridge. When it was red, this was my vantage point of the city. Then I was joined by the silver car in the left lane.
(My Six Word Saturday see Debbie Smyth’s Travel With Intent blog)
I was parked on Butler Street in Lawrenceville.
My phone in hand.
A truck pulled up to the red light alongside my car -and stopped. I felt a presence. Looked up and out the driver’s window.
Oh, hello there!
Light turned green. The chef appeared. The truck pulled away into the flow of traffic.
Last week in Columbus, I sat in the passenger seat with Laura at the wheel. Good thing. Brought that trusty phone up to my eye and I can’t really add him to my People at Work series
but perhaps Animals at Work in the city?
Oh hello there!
-Loved being in the passenger seat tonight while Steve drove home through the rain and wet leaves.
Freeport Road in Aspinwall. All traffic stopped. No young geese splatted on this busy road today. Goose is such a funny word.
And to make today’s post slightly more interesting check out TheFreeDictionary
1. n. a silly oaf; an oaf. Oh, I’m such a silly goose!2. tv. to (attempt to) poke something, such as a finger, in someone’s anus. Freddy tried to goose me!3. n. an attempt to goose someone. (As in sense 2) He tried to give me a goose.4. tv. to rev up an engine; to press down hard on the accelerator of a car. Why don’t you goose the thing and see how fast it’ll go?5. n. an act of suddenly pressing down the accelerator of a car. Give it a good goose and see what happens.
McGraw-Hill’s Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- (you) silly goose
- a goner
- a wild goose never laid a tame egg
- a wild-goose chase
- can’t say boo to a goose
- cook goose
- cook someone’s goose
- get goose bumps
- get goose flesh
- get goose pimples
- golden goose
- gone coon, a
- gone goose
- goose bumps
- goose egg
- goose pimples
- goose up
- Kill the goose that lays the golden egg
- kill the goose that lays the golden eggs
- not say boo to a goose
- one’s goose is cooked
- sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, what’s
- send on a wild-goose chase
- silly as a goose
- silver goose
- the goose hangs high
- what’s good for the goose is good for the gander
- What’s sauce for the goose
- What’s sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander
- wild goose chase
- wild-goose chase
- wouldn’t say boo to a goose