Saturday night at Kenny Dorham’s Backyard, Austin, Texas. The wedding celebration continues……………..
Champ enjoys being with the bride and groom
Ellie Valentine* is one of the nicest people I know, so when she invited me to attend this event I said if I’m in town, I’d go –#Creativesprint what it’s all about. Check out the link and anyone can sign up. Free.
She thinks I’m perfect for this 30 day challenge. That it will be easy for me.
Hope so. (The last challenge I signed up in the new year, I abandoned the effort early on, uh-oh)
Voodoo Brewery is located in the old firehouse in Homestead on Ninth Avenue
Arrived back in Columbus and went straight to the hospital to see new grandson Charlie. Mark and his family (with all four kids) came to visit too and filled up the hospital room fast.
Ms. Stacee Ray keeps the hot funnel cakes cooking. (Yes, that is two e’s in Stacee)
Son Cedric told me he’s the muscles of the operation. I’m sorry I didn’t photograph him for the blog.
Earlier I asked if I might photograph Mr. Ron Ray of Fun’l Frenzy as he cut the strawberries. Knew he would make a great portrait for the people at work series! Thank you Mr. Ray.
Experimenting with camera settings.
Read more about the origin of Funnel Cake here
Steve and I went over to Bloomfield Saturday night to see what was happening at Little Italy Days. We saw fire consumption as we did in June by @PghFireGirl
The recycled glass Aurora Lamps were eye-catching. And there were a ton of food vendors and food trucks.
We met Lenny and James and admired the BBQ trophies. James gave us a sample to take home and will be competing down at Heinz Field next week. The Wool Sports Logo Banners would look great at school in the counselor’s office.
Lunchtime lately has been from the students’ cooking at the Carrick Cafe. You’ll see a couple of orders in takeout boxes and containers below. I thought this week’s challenge a fun one to create.
WordPress is hoping for some “offbeat interpretations, mouthwatering photos”. The photos are supposed to be taken with a phone. I got that about half right. Once I started searching I had to just stop as there were too too many images of meals consumed at lunchtime!
I think of lunchtime as a short time, dictated by bells. Here is a lunchtime medley from the archives. Some shots I probably would not have blogged before.
And from the online etymology dictionary
lunch (n.) “mid-day repast,” 1786, shortened form of luncheon (q.v.). The verb meaning “to take to lunch” (said to be from the noun) also is attested from 1786:
But as late as 1817 the only definition of lunch in Webster’s is “a large piece of food.” OED says in 1820s the word “was regarded either as a vulgarism, or as a fashionable affectation.” Related: Lunched; lunching. Lunch money is attested from 1868; lunch-time (n.) is from 1821; lunch hour is from 1840. Slang phrase out to lunch “insane, stupid, clueless” first recorded 1955, on notion of being “not there.” Old English had nonmete “afternoon meal,” literally “noon-mea
The Deli Counter at La Groceria Italiana (shot on Friday March the 15th with an iPhone)
Fish Tacos with a fresh lime
Ohio State Fair Food Booth
Star Shaped Peanut Butter and Jelly onWhole Wheat Columbus Ohio
Food Truck Festival Columbus
Steak Salad at Silky’s in Sharpsburg PA
Another shot at the Food Truck Festival
Ahhh, Onion Rings
New York City Hot Dog Carts
Blackened Catfish, Rice and Beans and Cornbread Lunch from the Carrick Cafe
Maura has a lunchtime picnic at Grandma’s House
Lunch at the Museum of Modern Art New York City
Hmmmmm What’s for lunch? says Mar
Soup and Sandwich in Stamford , Connecticut
A Slice of Pizza
Thelma’s for lunch in Roanoke Virginia
Lined up for Fries at the Potato Patch, Kennywood
Lunchtime on Fellow Bloggers Blogs
and Angeline M shows the pans behind a local taqueria in her post
See some greens on Chronicles of Illusions
and after Kayaking around Manhattan check out Wind Against Current
Patricia pretty salad lunches while playing WWF
and a few more
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Lunchtime | Jinan Daily Photo
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Lunchtime | Ese’s Voice
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Lunchtime – Joy and Woe
- photo-challenge-lunchtime | Flickr Comments
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Lunchtime | Beijing Daily Photo 2
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Lunchtime | patriciaddrury
- Weekly Photo Challange: Lunchtime | allnuttadventures
- Weekly Photo Challenge (Not)Phoneography : Lunchtime | bambangpriantono
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Lunchtime | So where’s the snow?
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Lunchtime | Ruined for Life: Phoenix Edition
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Lunchtime | Canoe Communications
- Lunch | wingrish
- Take Your Lunch | bukaningrat ™
- Baked potato | Philosophy & Photography
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Lunchtime | Bams’ Blog
- Who is Bzebza | Philosophy & Photography
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Lunchtime | The Eager Traveller
- Harvest Time | Mother Russia
- Weekly Photo Challenge : Lunch Time | Moments In Your Life
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Lunchtime | Drops of Ink
- Lisa on the Phone at the BBQ Shack. | Luddy’s Lens
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Lunchtime | The Eclectic Eccentric Shopaholic
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Lunchtime | MixerUpper.com
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Lunchtime | cupcaketravels
- New Camera Fun with Daffodils
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Lunchtime « LargeSelf
- Weekly Photo Challenge : Lunchtime | Simply Me
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Lunchtime | Irregular Ventilator
- The Good Salad: “Lunchtime” Weekly Photo Challenge | steph’s scribe
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Lunchtime | Chittle Chattle
WordPress puts out the Weekly Photo Challenge and this week it is UNIQUE.
I tried to find photos that seemed a tad quirky and not an everyday shot.
Some may be familiar to you if you follow the blog. One of a kind?
Fun to go fishing for some examples for unique.
Thanks for following, looking, commenting and sharing. I appreciate your writing emails and sending photos to me.
Three years ago today I started the blog.
This is the 1027th post as I didn’t postaday when I started, it was just random.
Thanks to the nice mom and dad who said I could blog their baby eyeing the pizza from Late Night Slice and great idea SIL James.
* The Boa Constrictor’s name is Sally May*
Pittsburgh Steelers T shirt by 8 Bit Apparel
Vintage and Handmade Jewelry by Katie Guagenti
Camera Onesie by KLZART
And you can see This Guys Art on Cardboardmetravels.com today
We had just seen the Ice Cream Float Boat on the lake.
Food trucks are hot, hot, hot these days.
Spotted Bruno’s Gastro Truck in the parking lot as we were stopping to buy a few rolls of duct tape at Capps Home Building Center . Anna was going to make a duct tape wallet for her Dad’s birthday present.
We’d just been boating with the family with a rented pontoon boat on Smith Mountain Lake and we were headed back to Hardy, VA. Next time we’ll have to try something to eat from this shiny truck.
In Laura and James’ neighborhood, I see a lot of people lined up at this food truck whenever it is open- Ray Ray’s Hog Pit in Clintonville. I read that on Sunday they feature a special of grass fed beef brisket. Laura and James are veg so we’ve eaten at the Whole World Natural Restaurant & Bakery across the street or at their home. But one of these visits I am going to get in this line and see why everyone is willing to wait in the chill air, order up and eat! It must be really good. In fact, I think one weekend I should make a tour of Columbus Food Trucks Here is one review